Thursday 28 February 2013

Something wicked in wisconsen.

  Yesterday was just as ordinary as any other day. I arose in the morning when the white light of the

sun camestreaming through my sparkling windows slid into my softened silk robe and slippers head to the

kitchen to prepare breakfast for my newly wed husband, Bill. When he emerges from the bedroom I greet

him with a smile as warm as a summers day and a kiss to match. He would sit down at the crisp white

kitchen table and crack open the daily newspaper as I prepared him his coffee and lunch for his long day in

the office ahead of him. As I hand him his egg salad sandwich he hurriedly snatches it out of my dainty

fingertips and reply's a brief  "Thanks honey." and proceeds on his way. Being left alone for the majority of

my days is not uncommon, give or take the odd weekend if he can get a day off. Though I do enjoy cleaning

and keeping a tidy orderly house hold you could say that sometimes the solitude makes me become a teeny

bit crazy. Bill called me that night. It was just one of those nights. He explained to me that he was going to

be working late again and head "Make it up to me when he got the chance." Like hell he would. I knew

what was really going on down at the office and he had put in enough hours that week alone. Throwing the

delicious golden turkey dinner that I had prepared for us in the freshly bagged trash can with a hard thunk. I

headed to the backyard shed to go fetch myself something,out of the ordinary, to consume my night. Quickly

like a rabbit down its hole I scurried to my porcelain white car and toss the heavy chunk of metal into the

petite trunk. With a face as blank as a sheet of paper and a mind to match I drive cautiously to the office

where he works and pull up to the closest parking spot heave the enormous axe into my puny cold hands

and black out.

No comments:

Post a Comment