Friday 17 May 2013

Who am I paragraph


To most I am a typical teenage girl. Spending time with my friends or my boyfriend occasionally. Nothing out of the ordinary. However, like everyone there is more than meets the eye. When I am not at school most of my free time is spent at my dance studio taking classes for hours daily. In the past this has proved challenging to balance my social life, school life, and dance life. But at this time I seem to have figured out a pretty good system that usually will keep everyone happy. Why do I go through all this trouble just for a hobby? For me dance is more than just a hobby, it has consumed me and every inch of my life no matter what goes on dance will come first. My dream is to become a professional contemporary dancer someday and I work my life around it so that I might have a chance in the extremely competitive business. As a dancer you don’t make very much money and your way of life is considerably different than those perusing traditional careers. That makes no difference to me though; as long as I am doing something that I love I will be happy. It doesn’t even matter in what way I become involved in the dance world as long as I am involved. Next year I will be attending a professional dance training program in Winnipeg taking me one step closer to my dream. Although becoming accepted into the school for contemporary dancers was thrilling for me, it was not my first choice in school. But it was attainable, and being declined from my first choice of school only makes me push myself even harder in the classroom and out. Part of me is happy that I was declined because if I wasn’t I might not be as strong of a dancer that I am currently. Everyone needs a kick in the butt sometimes and I am glad mine came early enough for me to change my habits and carry on the best I can. Though I am nervous about graduation and moving away I am also ecstatic to start moving forward with my life the way that I want to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment